MONTHS ago, I signed up over at A Modern Mother to host a super cool edition of the “Best of the Mommy Bloggers” carnival and this week, it’s my turn to host! For those of you not familiar, this carnival takes place every two weeks and features recent posts from the cream of the mommy blogger community.
This is how it works: every two weeks a different mommy blogger “hosts” the carnival. The blogger community submits their best post from the past month — this could be your most popular post, something that has done well on StumbleUpon or Digg, or one of which you are particularly proud.
The rules are one post per blogger and it must be something written in the past four weeks. If you’re interested in hosting, check out the main Carnival page on A Modern Mother!
Now, let’s party!
- I’ll start with ME, since I happily put this together this week. My favorite recent post would have to be ‘Miscellaneous Bull‘, where I decided to sound off about the latest blog drama in the blogosphere. I had a pretty good time doing it, too.
- The next post comes from the creator of this Carnival, A Modern Mother, talking about her ‘dry spell’ after giving birth.
- Visit Lindsey at A Kindred Spirit’s Thoughts to read one of my favorite posts about finding time to blog.
- Scraps Of Life will make your mouth water and bring out your inner fiesta with an amazingly “Happy Margarita” recipe in honor of the Twitter Tequila Tasting Moms group on Twitter Moms.
- Check out HOSTBODY-Diary of a Mad ax-Pregnant Woman and read about her hilarious Mother’s Day surprise conversation she had with ‘the Hubble’ at lunch on Mother’s Day!
- Why DO we have children? Read And 1 More Means Four to hear about this 23 year old Mother of 4 under 4′s take on the subject.
- I love the post Felicia wrote on her blog, I Complete Me. She wants to know what amazes you as you watch your child grow. Head on over and let her know!
- Moms Rising writes about beauty pageants and about Miss D.C., Amal Bennett-Judge, the green beauty queen.
- Max has a few words for you and his mother would love to share them with you on her blog, To The Max.
- Mission Mommy wants to highlight a great giveaway she’s hosting with Corner Stork Baby Gifts, so head on over to enter!
- Want to read a great post about anger and patience? Head on over to Under the BIG blue sky for something we can all relate to!
- The Experimental Mum lives up to her name in this awesome post and vlog testing the old “soda and Mentos” combo along with other assorted candies to see what would happen. This was a super fun one!
- My Geek Voice is looking for tips and guidance on how to handle her strong willed 4 year old.
- Looking for great ways to stretch you budget? Read Northern Cheapskate to find how entering giveaways can help!
- Read the latest edition of the hilarious things kids say at Conversations With Moms, it’ll crack you up!
- Confessions of a Sewciopath offers help to those affected by the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA)in her post!
There you have it folks! Great submissions from blogs you know and blogs to discover. Please read, comment and enjoy!